In this essay, I am describing the importance of communication skills for students. Why communication skills are important for school and university students to learn more from teachers. What is the importance of good communication skills after schools and college in student’s professional and social life?
How conversational skills impact on the workplace, in career and personal development? How are communication skills helpful for students in education and studies?
There are various reasons why communication skills are important for students. Communication skills help students in their study, career development, job interview, workplace and social networking.
Following Practical reasons behind the importance of communication skills for students
1. Communication skills help to learn more from teachers: – Students need practical and deeper knowledge about the subject they are learning in school and college. For better learning from teachers, they need to ask the question and they have to discuss their subjective and objective doubts. When teachers understand where they are confused about the subject then they can teach in their style, it will help students get high marks.
Most of the students do not ask question because of fear, hesitation and low confidence. Communication skills help them to listen, understand the point of view of teachers in the class. After listening and understanding what teachers are speaking about students can ask better questions with confidence and it will help them to gain more knowledge.
That’s why teachers always encourage and guide students to listen the topic with full presence of mind in the class. That’s how communication can help them to study well.
Related: –Importance of Education in life
2. The quality of being friendly with others: – It’s important to be friendly with others in school and college. Controlled verbal communication and physical expression help them to make new friends. Studying with good friends relieve the stress. And it’s really important in competitive environment and situation.
Good communication skills build strong friendships. It will give confidence. And students get interested in visiting school and college daily. But all is possible when someone respect other, communicate when it is important and show positive expression in the certain situation. That’s how communication skills enhance the ability to understand and share the feelings of each other. It will build a strong friendly relationship and that can often be converted into business partnerships and love later in life.
3. Communication skills help in career development: – Clear communication about the skills and knowledge, objective vocabulary in words while communicating with interviewers, confident physical expressions help students to get a job after the completion of the degree. That’s how effective communication makes difference in the personality of students. Many students face communication problem in the interview that’s why learning and improved communication help them to build a career in their respective field.
4. Enhancement in teamwork and collaborative attitude: – Positive behaviors, the gratitude of others, a collaborative effort in solving the problem with other team member are a great example of effective communication in the workplace. Effective communication increases the productivity in business. It will improve the chances of promotion, earn other members respect. That’s how communication skills enhance the teamwork and collaborative attitude and it gives long term benefits.
In future students will communicate with clients by text, audio and video conferencing in the job. If they are not effective in emails, tweets, and social engagement then it will negatively impact their career progress. That’s why listening, writing and verbal communication by using Internet of things plays a big positive and negative role in students personal and career development.
That’s why students need to improve their communication skills while they are in school and college. So later in their career and life communication will not become the wall in their success.
Related: –Importance of computer education in schools for students.
5. Communication skills develop professionalism in the students: – Students in future will become doctors then they need to communicate effectively with patients. They need empathy, friendliness, professionalism in their speaking and attitude while interacting with patients.
India or countries need good political, business and social leaders. In future students will become political/business, entrepreneur, bureaucrat, and leaders. And without communicating effectively with people, and not listening problems people are facing not help them get votes, customers and support of people. They have to listen, it’s their duty, they have to be patience, and they need to manage anger and lots of other things.
As you know some of our current political leader’s verbal and non-verbal communication is a bad, nasty and ill example that I think good teachers/parents never want to have similar in their kids/students.
I am telling you because such negative communication is never will be good for the development practices of the country. Such communication increases social tension, riots, a war in between us.
That’s why it’s really important for all us to think, understand and analyze the situation then speak. Communication is an expression, and freedom of expression is our right but expressions should be on right track, with right people, for the right cause, and on the right platform.
Learning and practicing communication skills help students in future to handle such kind of professional and social tensions. Following effective communication and avoiding the bad example of communication will make them a great leader, professional and socially impactful.
All duties that we follow as a citizen, and do effectively with quality will help in the development of our country. So, this is what I think, how improvement in communication skills can be very helpful for students.
6. Communication skills are important for students in social networking: – Communication in group activities, debate and family functions help students to analyze their communication skills level and standard. In conversation listen to other people opinions is very important to reach new conclusions about the subject. And it’s not possible without communicating effectively with positive expression.
It’s really important to learn that, while communicating, students have to respect the feelings of others. Many times we talk with parents, friends, and in meetings and with employer very rudely. It’s really important to communicate without causing distress to someone feelings.
That’s why communication skills are especially more important for students to learn because they are more energetic, enthusiastic, passionate and open minded. It’s not bad but overuse of such things can impact badly about their personality in the society. Not only offline but online.
Healthier communication with parents, teachers, colleges, cousins, classmates and with anyone can build students more trustworthy. It will build self-esteem and increase the confidence in students that will impact positively on their education.
7. Improvement in presence of mind and memory enhancement: – When we communicate, listen, express and understand what we’re talking about, it will improve our presence of mind. While communicating when we focus on listener not on the mobile phone then it will help to enhance our brain power and memory.
Students need brain power and sharp memory to become successful in everything they want to do, to achieve their dreams. The uses of communication skills increase their focus and they are ready for any answer because of the presence of mind. The presence of mind improves their vocabulary, communication skills and enhances memory like a genius. Every student wants to become a genius in their life but without the use of effective communication, it’s not possible.
So, these are reasons why communication skills are important for students to improve, learn and use. There are various online communication courses in which they can improve their verbal and non-verbal communication skills effectively. They can also learn communication skills from good speakers, teachers, journalists, and parents.
Good communication skills are the proof of well-educated person. So you can try to communicate nicely with everyone and see the results of your communication. Respect everyone not on basis of caste, religion, job and social status but as being human.
Love, integrity, trust, honesty and truthfulness are the foundation of communication skills. Use the foundation of communication skills and you will understand how important effective communication in our life.
Spread the love
Formal dyadic conversation however demand artistry and can be acquired throughpractice. Some of the common forms of formal dyadic communication are Face-to-Faceconversation, Telephonic conversation, Interview, Instruction and Dictation.
Interactive or Face to Face conversation:
Majority of time at home is spent on face-to-face conversation. This conversation does not require any official decorum.Conversation outside our home i.e. the one which we have at restaurants, parties, parksand even offices need not follow any rigid rule. However, if we keep in mind thefollowing points, we may be labelled as a pleasant ‘conversationalist’.
Choose a topic that interests both the participants
Be courteous and cheerful. Remember that there is no such thing as uninterestingtopic’. We only have ‘uninteresting people’.
Use simple, easy to understand language.
Here are some reasons why communication skills are so important:
passes information along
. If you can effectivelycommunicate, then people understand you much better, and whatever informationyou are trying to tell them will get across without being misunderstood. In business,this can prevent mistakes from being made by people who thought you saidsomething else. In personal life, it can help you to let others know what you want.
. If you can effectivelycommunicate, then other people know what you need and want, and you can letthem know your feelings without being misunderstood. This prevents arguments,especially between couples, because it avoids all that "you should have known how Ifelt" sort of mind-reading arguments. If you can explain your thoughts and feelings,then you won't misunderstand each other.
helps you get what you need
. If you can effectivelycommunicate what you need or want, you are more likely to be successful in gettingit. Effective communication also helps you to convince others to agree with you in apersuasive setting.
gives you self-esteem
. People with effective communicationskills are more confident, because they know that they can tell other people exactlywhat they need to, and they know that they are understanding those people better.
helps you to think better
. In order to communicateeffectively, you have to think ahead and organize your thoughts. This helps you learnhow to organize, and how to plan ahead.
makes peaceful communities
. If you can effectivelycommunicate, then you can get along better with your neighbours-in your town orcity, in your country, and in the world. Most wars are caused by people notcommunicating effectively and not being able to negotiate with each other.
Here are some things to remember about good communication:
Communication is a two-way street. Good listening skills are part of goodcommunication; you need to understand what the other person is saying to you aswell as to say what you want.
Communication often includes non-verbal clues such as tone of voice, facialexpression, gestures, and body posture. Good communication includes beingobservant and focusing on the other person.
Communication is a compromise. Everyone has a right to have their own opinion; just because you don't agree with them is no reason not to listen.
Communication skills are very important since everyday in our life we need tocommunicate with different kinds of people around us. And having goodcommunication skills can improve our relationship with them.
Also in every field, communication skill is very essential to succeed. Goodcommunicator always has the high paying position.