4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
out of 5 stars 14
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Any home theater worth its salted popcorn needs to have surround sound, but wiring speakers into the walls isn’t always possible. And for a truly breathtaking setup, you’d need to install more than just speakers in front of and behind your cinema seating — it’s the overhead speakers that really make movie soundtracks come to life.
Featuring Dolby Atmos technology, LG’s SJ9 sound bar is the clear winner when it comes to audio quality. A 5.1.2 speaker setup, this 500 watt, 55-inch bar has an external subwoofer, two front speakers, a center channel, and a pair of ceiling-angled surrounds that simulate sound effects coming from above. With Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, the SJ9 can carry a signal without wires, or if HDMI is your jam, the speaker can handle 4K pass-through.
But the big difference between the SJ9 and the rest of the pack is its ability to upsample lesser-quality sound, as well as handle high resolution audio. Whether it’s connected via the built-in Chromecast technology or over Bluetooth, the SJ9 can play music from services including Spotify, Pandora, and Google Play, too. But these web-based solutions usually stream 16-bit audio. The SJ9 cleans up those files rough edges, playing them at 24-bit quality instead.
Buy now: LG SJ9, $899, Amazon
(Read TIME’s affiliate link policy.)