Rochester / Simon MBA Essay Questions 2017-2018
The admissions committee at Rochester / Simon has posted the Simon MBA essay questions for entrance to the Class of 2020! This year’s application requires two essay responses and one optional essay.
2017-2018 Rochester / Simon MBA Essay Questions
Describe your short-term and long-term goals for post-MBA or post-MS. Given the fluctuation of economic and industry hiring trends, identify a back-up plan should your short-term goal not be immediately attainable. How does your past education and experience support your career objectives? Lastly, what aspects of your intended Simon Business School program make it a good choice for your graduate study? (250-500 word limit)
In 25 words or less, provide us with an interesting fact about yourself not expressed elsewhere in your application. (25 word limit)
Share additional information you think is important in the evaluation of your application, including any concerns you think the Admissions Committee may have regarding your candidacy. (500 word limit)
Now that the Rochester / Simon MBA essay questions are out, download the Free 2017-2018 Rochester / Simon School Snapshot to get a jumpstart on your b-school research. Stay tuned to this site for our advice on how to tackle these essay questions.
Posted in: Admissions Tips, Essay Topics, Essays
Schools: Rochester / Simon
Our online system lets you submit and manage all the components of your application from one central location. After you have created your account and logged in, you will be able to view the entire application, including the current essay questions. Once you begin the application process, you will have the flexibility to save the portions you have completed and return to the application at a later time. The Admissions Committee cannot access your application until it has been submitted.
- Online application form
- Current résumé and work history
- One required essay (250-500 word limit)
- Applicant interesting fact (25 word limit)
- School-issued official transcripts, scanned and uploaded for each college attended
- Test-taker results for GMAT or GRE (including Analytical Writing Assessment), scanned and uploaded - view school code here
- One letter of recommendation (submitted electronically); a second electronic letter is optional
- Simon Business School proudly accepts the Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC) Common Letter of Recommendation (LoR). Instructions for submitting the GMAC LoR can be found in the application.
- $150 application fee
- Test-taker results for TOEFL or IELTS, scanned and uploaded - view school code here
- Requried of all international candidates except those who attended three or more consecutive years of post-secondary education taught solely in English and received a baccalaureate or master’s degree from a college or university where English was the language of instruction.
- InitialView interview and writing sample
- Strongly recommended by the Simon Admissions Committee for international applicants to demonstrate English proficiency.
Before you submit, be sure to view our webinars for application tips from the Admissions Committee.
Admission and Scholarship Decisions
Once submitted and complete, your application will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee. The information you provide will be used to make admission decisions and determine scholarship awards. You will not have to submit a separate application for scholarship consideration.
Admission decisions are made by the date specified for your application round. Please refer to our Full-Time MBA Application Deadlines. You will receive an email notification once a decision has been made. In order to protect your privacy, the decision will only be posted in your online application. If admitted, we will also let you know if you have been awarded a merit-based scholarship based on your application.